Learn all about Ayurveda, which is one of the world's oldest holistic healing systems that was developed more than 3,000 years ago in India. NWR will explore and facilitate an open discussion based on the Ayurvedic medicine belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit. We encourage individuals who are new to this wonderful healing system and those who have been practicing it for some time to join us to learn more about this wonderful healing system and how we can incorporate these ideologies and practices in our daily lives. We will provide soothing matcha tea, snacks, positive vibes, packet of research and information, as well as giving guests networking and empowering opportunities within our community by coming together to learn with NWR!
Ayurveda is a science of life (Ayur = life,Veda = science or knowledge), guiding us not only towards vibrant physical and mental health, but also deeper connection to our spiritual nature. It offers a body of wisdom designed to help you stay vital while realizing your full human potential. Providing guidelines on ideal daily and seasonal routines, diet, behavior and the proper use of our senses, Ayurveda reminds us that health is the balanced and dynamic integration between our body, mind, spirit, and environment.
Topics that will be covered:
• Brief History of Ayurveda and its Vedic Origin
• Relationship between Yoga and Ayurveda
• Panchamahabhootas (The Five Great Elements)
• Our interconnection with nature, and the importance of living in harmony with the changing cycles of nature
• Doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) – Discover your unique body type and unveil your genetic blueprint to health and longevity.
• Basic diet guidelines for vata, pitta, kapha and current season
Registration required to attend: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/aryurveda-101-workshop-tickets-41638977302